Within the last week, the Schools Online Thesaurus has released Version 6.7. You can check out the details via these blog-posts from the Schools Catalogue Information Service (SCIS) or from the Semantic Web Company (the publishers of the Poolparty software we use to manage the thesaurus).
I’m happy to say that I played a significant part in this release, including:
- Performing many of the updates to the ScOT website to ensure WCAG 2.0 AA (accessibility) compliance
- Programming an email form for user feedback
- Programming a cataloguing tool that allows cataloguers to check the hierarchical relationship amongst terms
- Programming a form allowing users to check for new, modified, or deprecated terms within a given date range
- Devising a set of SPARQL queries for use by developers
- Coordinating the publication of 48 new concepts, 7 modified concepts, and 97 new hidden- and alternative-labels
If I get around to it, I’ll post again soon to provide a bit more detail on some of these features, and their back-end details.